Mahlkonig is one of the most globally recognised and respected brands in the world of speciality coffee. So much so that the silhouette of their flagship grinder, the EK43, is seen as a badge of quality in many circles. Based in Germany and with almost a century of experience, it is no surprise that these precision-engineered coffee grinders are so sought after.
The E80S is Mahlkonig's top of the range, ultra-premium, high-volume commercial espresso grinder. It could be seen as the successor to the Mahlkonig Peak, as it has the same unparalleled grind consistency from its enormous burr set, while also addressing the shortcomings that the Mahlkonig Peak met when it came to managing high volume. To achieve this Mahlkonig have put a huge burr 80mm burr set - large enough to compete with the EK43 in grind consistency. Not only does it have premium flat burrs, but it is also packed full of Malkonigs cutting edge technology.
One of the biggest innovations in Mahlkonig's new lineup is the addition of disc detection technology. One of the biggest frustrations to a barista is environmental factors (such as temperature and humidity) affecting their grind consistency. In order to mitigate this as best as possible, Mahlkonig uses new technology to measure the distance between the burrs giving you real information that you can replicate as opposed to an arbitrary number on a dial.
Of course, Mahlkonig hasn't forgotten the finer details like a sturdy hopper, ergonomic hands-free grinding and an effective de clumper that gives you perfectly fluffy grinds each and every time.
If you're looking for a high-quality grinder for your specialty cafe, then look no further! Get your Mahkonig E65S from Soma Coffee Company today!
Mahlkonig E80 Espresso Grinder features
- Highly consistent grind
- Quality of grinders like the EK43 combined with the ergonomics of on-demand grinding
- Disc Distance Detection allows for high levels of repeatability in your grind settings
- Icon-driven touch screen menu operation
- Programmable doses
- Multifunction turn & push button
- Slim chassis and small footprint
- Quiet grinding
- Quick, stepless, and single-handed grind adjustment with independent locking mechanism
- Adjustable and removable spout to fit any portafilter
- Durable bean hopper
- Robust portafilter holder
Mahlkonig E80 Espresso Grinder specifications
- Power Output
- 220 - 240V | 50 - 60 Hz | 700 Watts
- 110 - 127V | 60 Hz | 750 Watts
- 100V | 50 - 60 Hz | 700-900 Watts
- Phase: Single
- Idle speed:
- 1400 rpm (50 Hz)
- 1700 rpm (60 Hz)
- Grinding disc diameter: 80 mm
- Grinding disc material: Special steel
- Average grinding capacity @ 250 µm:
- 6-7 g / s (50Hz)
- 7-8 g / s (60Hz)
- Hopper capacity: ca. 1,800 g
- Dimensions (w x h x d): 24 × 62 × 34 cm
- Dimensions boxed (w x h x d): 69.7 x 28.7 x 47.5 cm
- Net weight: 17.6 kg
- Gross weight: 19.4 kg