Cold Drip coffee is one of the most delicious summer coffee beverages that you can have. The delicate extraction delivers sweet, smooth, and delicious drinks, but replaces the intense body of immersion cold brew with something a little more delicate. It really is like nothing else. The only downside to cold drip coffee is that the equipment needed to make it is generally geared towards bulk production and can be pricey and inaccessible to the home brewer. Well, the PUCKPUCK is here to change that.
If you thought the AeroPress could not become more versatile than it already is, think again. The PUCKPUCK is a simple attachment for your AeroPress that transforms this home brewer into a simple, small-batch cold brew dripper. It works by attaching a bottle-like container to the top of your AeroPress that you fill with ice and water. This bottle-like container has a valve that allows the water to drip through at a slow pace.
Get your AeroPress PUCKPUCK and discover the deliciousness of cold drip coffee today
How To Brew Cold Drip Coffee With The AeroPress & PUCKPUCK
Use the diagram above and the instruction below for details on how to assemble the PUCKPUCK and AeroPress.
- Rinse the PUCKPUCK. Unclip the splash filter and set it aside. Disassemble the PUCKPUCK and rinse it, making sure that all the vent holes are clear before putting it back together
- Assemble the AeroPress. Add a paper filter to the filter cap and screw it onto the Aeropress. Place the Aeropress onto a jug.
- Add the coffee. Grind 38g medium ground coffee and add to the Aeropress on top of the filter and shake to level. Drop the splash filter on top of the coffee grounds inside the Aeropress.
- Add the water ice. Screw the bottle-like container into the PUCKPUCK. Place the combined PUCKPUCK and water vessel on top of the Aeropress. Add 100g of ice to the vessel, and fill up the remainder with 400ml of water.
- Adjust the flow rate. Slowly turn the PUCKPUCK in an anti-clockwise direction until you start to see drips coming out of the valve. Adjust the flow rate to around 50 drops per minute for a 2.5 - 3 hr brew time. Feel free to experiment with drip rates to personalise your brew.
PUCKPUCK for AeroPress Product Features
- Pocketable form factor (only 2.4cm tall and 6.8cm wide)
- 2-part plastic screw valve for almost infinite adjustability (patent pending)
- 500ml plastic water VESSEL
- Included SPLASH FILTER for assisted water dispersion
- Made from food grade (BPA free) plastics
- Free Drip Counter App - Apple / Android
- Only works with the AeroPress Coffee Maker (not included)