Be A part Of Forging The Future Of The Irish Coffee Industry
Barista | Front Of House Staff
At SOMA COFFEE COMPANY our mission is to source, roast and serve the finest coffee in the world. We are a progressive specialty coffee company that is in constant pursuit of excellence and endeavours to live on the cutting edge of what is new and innovative the world of coffee. SOMA strives to leave a lasting impact on the the world of coffee.
About the Job
At SOMA COFFEE COMPANY, a Barista is someone who is first and foremost passionate about coffee. You will be responsible for creating unforgettable guest experiences grounded in quality, care and respect. We invite you to grow as a team member and help us create community through coffee with us.
- Deliver exceptional hospitality to our guests, your fellow teammates, and all of our vendors and suppliers
- Make and serve a selection of delicious beverages with a variety of different brewing and preparation methods
- Handle and serve food
- Stay knowledgeable about SOMA's current offerings and how to prepare them
- Continuously cultivating your own curiosity and knowledge through in-house tastings, cuppings, and trainings.
- Regularly taste the coffee to ensure quality, uphold our standards, and develop your palate
- Create community in our cafes by sharing your joy and knowledge of coffee with our guests; inspire your fellow teammates to do the same
- Support your team by taking joy in the tasks that keep the cafe running smoothly and beautifully—these tasks may vary but can include cleaning, clearing and washing dishes, sweeping, dusting, mopping, cleaning and taking out trash
- Uphold and follow all health, food safety, and safety guidelines
- Promote a safe and respectful working environment
- Searching for a career in food and beverage with a dynamic, growing company
- Passionate about coffee
- Passionate about creating inclusive and memorable hospitality experiences
- Reliable and consistent—your colleagues can always depend on you to be punctual and bring your A game
- Thoughtful and able to anticipate our guests’ needs
- Obsessed with the details! You love honing your craft and understand the nourishing powers in each cup of coffee.
- Excited about taking on new experiences and possess a can-do attitude
- Able to work flexible hours including early mornings, public holidays and weekends
If this position is of interest to you, and you want to be part of the future of coffee, please send us your CV accompanied by a cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org