Few things signal the arrival of summer more than leaving cert weather and people strolling around the parks, ice clinking, sipping on cold brew. Over the last few years, we have seen the popularity of cold brew coffee soar... and with good reason too! When it comes to brew methods impacting the flavour of coffee, we can't think of anything that has a bigger impact than cold extraction. Cold-brew is loved by all for its rich body and intense, chocolatey flavours.
If you're a lover of cold coffee, then we have just the product for you: the Hario Mizudashi Cold Brewer (Don't worry, it's nothing strange. Mizudashi is just the Japanese word for cold brew). While cold brew is delicious to drink, the traditional way of brewing cold brew (essentially a bucket and a cheesecloth), is awfully fiddly and terribly messy. This Hario Cold brewer has an elegant solution, which is easy to use and virtually mess-free.
To use the cold brewer, just add your ground coffee to the specialized filter basket, and water and wait (see a detailed brew guide below) - it's literally that simple. After 12-24 hours, depending on how strong you like it, you remove the filter basket with the used coffee and your cold brew is ready to drink. Serve it immediately over ice, or pop the jug in the fridge where it'll keep for 2-3 days.
Impress your friend at the next summer BBQ by offering them a glass of delicious homemade cold brew. Get your Mizudashi Colder Brew Coffee Maker from Soma Coffee Company Today!
Just follow these simple steps to brew your own delicious cold brew coffee
- Grind 30g of your favourite coffee - coarse grind
- Add the coffee to the mesh filter
- Place the filter in the carafe
- Add 600ml of cold water (ambient temperature water will do fine)
- Put the jug in the fridge for 12 - 36 hours depending on your preference
- Remove the filter with the ground coffee and serve over ice or refrigerate and consume within 3 days
Hario Cold Brew (Mizudashi) Coffee Maker Features & Specification
- Heat-proof glass body
- Reusable 60-micron mesh filter
- Handle, lid & strainer frame made of polypropylene
- Mesh made of polyester resin
- Fittings made of silicone rubber
- The removable filter system makes it easy to remove coffee once the brew is complete
- Easy to use. Easy to clean
- BPA-free & Dishwasher safe
- 600ml capacity - yields ±550ml of cold brew