ORDER OUR HIGHEST SCORING COFFEE TO DATE !
Colombia El Placer, 200 Hour IPA Honey Processed Coffee! This fermentation process includes the addition of yeast and hops to produce an IPA style taste. Expect a vibrant cup filled with notes of Grapefruit IPA, Malt, Plum, Apple & Rose
Finca El Placer belongs to Sebastián Ramírez, a 4th generation coffee producer who has been running his family estate for over a decade. El Placer means "The Pleasure" in English, and the farm is located at the heart of El Eje Cafetero (the coffee zone) in Calarcá, Quindío at 1.744 MASL.
Sebastián uses natural, washed and honey processes, and all varieties undertake carbonic maceration. Most of the coffee is processed naturally or via a honey process to minimise water consumption. In his quest to maximise the flavour potential of every variety, Sebastian is taking a step forward by adding the mosto from cherries to the coffee during fermentation.
Three-step hand selection
• Only ripe cherries are picked by hand from the tree
• The selection continues with submerging cherries in water tanks, and removal of floaters from the surface
• For the third time, cherries are sorted by hand to guarantee only the best ones undertake the fermentation process.
At the beginning of every process, cherries are sealed inside 200 litres plastic cans filled with CO2.
HONEY PROCESS / IPA STYLE
Consists of a double fermentation, The first fermentation stage can take several hours, Then the cherries are partially pulped with some mucilage left intact then the coffee is placed back inside CO2 filled plastic cans where the second fermentation occurs. Yeast & Hops are introduced into this process to give a IPA style flavour profile.
- Origin - Calarca, Quindio
- Cupping Score - 91 Points
- Producer - Sebastian Ramirez
- Altitude - 1744 MASL
- Process - 200hr Honey Process / IPA Style
- Notes - Grapefruit IPA, Malt, Plum, Apple & Rose.