Unless you've been living under a rock, we're pretty sure you've heard us rambling on about the importance of your coffee grinder. To paraphrase: it is far and away the most essential piece of coffee brewing equipment you will ever buy (we even wrote a blog post about it)... Well, we're here to tell you that that is not strictly true... the most important aspect of your brew is not the grinder, but the quality of your grind. Obviously, the most direct route to a high-quality, well-distributed grind is with a high-quality grinder, but that is not the only way, and we know that sometimes the costs of these high-quality grinders can be prohibitive.
Thankfully, the folks at Kruve saw this problem and developed the Kruve Coffee Sifter. The Kruve Coffee Sifter offers a simple, yet elegant solution which can drastically improve the quality of the grind from any burr grinder. The idea is very simple, you select two screens (or sieves): one to sift out your fines (fine powdery coffee particles) and another to sift out boulders (big chunky coffee particles). Place a finer screen at the bottom of the Kruve and a coarser screen at the top, add your coffee and shake for a minute or two. The result will be a much more uniform grind that will offer more clarity in your cup and really make the flavours in your coffee pop!
The Kruve Sifter comes with 5 screens ranging from 300 microns up to 1400 microns, making it suitable for all brew methods from AeroPress through to French Press. It also comes with a Brewler, a coffee ruler designed specifically to help you measure the microns of your grinds and screen the uniformity of your coffee beans. If you're serious about coffee and want to consistently get the best out of your brews, then the Kruve sifter is a must-have!
Get yours from Soma Coffee Company today!
What's in the Box
- Kruve Sifting system
- 5 stainless steel screens
- 300 μm, 500μm, 800μm, 1100μm, 1400μm
- Rack for storing your screens
- Instruction manual with sifting tips
- Kruve Brewler
- Kruve Grind Size Reference Card
Kruve Coffee Sifter Features & Specifications
- Quickly sift your coffee for a more uniform grind
- Screen sizes from 300 microns to 1400 microns
- Three chambers to separate boulders and fines from your coffee
- Easy to use and clean
- Screens swap quickly and easily for different brew methods or grind size preferences
- Comes with 5 screen sets for an optimal range of sifting
- Materials include aluminum, stainless steel, bamboo, and rubber