We are big fans of the work done by Rancilio in the espresso space and have been advocates of the Rancilio Specialty RS1 since its launch in 2019 - you can see it in all our cafes. However, Rancilio's biggest contribution to the world of espresso is the Rancilio Silvia Home Espresso Machine. This affordable home espresso machine took the world by storm when it launched in 1998 and to this day is one of the most popular home espresso machines in the world.
Despite its roaring success, Rancilio didn't stop there - they kept improving and innovating to make sure that the Rancilio Silvia stayed current and relevant with consumers. We are currently on the 6th iteration of the Rancilio Silvia and you can really see the years of refinement that have gone into this machine.
The Rancilio Silvia is designed to offer a commercial-grade espresso experience to the home consumer. Many home espresso machines use tricks and gimmicks such as pressurised portafilters to create crema and offer an espresso-like experience without needing the full 9 bars of pressure however, these attempts at espresso pale in comparison to authentic espresso. The Silvia offers the real thing - it brews espresso at the full 9 bars and can produce a rich and textured drink that will make all your espresso-based favourites. The Rancilio Silvia is robustly built - it's a machine that will last a lifetime - it's also easily serviceable and made from standards parts that can be repaired and replaced if needed.
This machine is for the coffee curious home barista who wants to have high-grade tools that take a bit of time to get to know, but once you put the work in, it will ultimately allow you to have an incredibly rich and delicious home espresso experience.
Get yours from Soma Coffee Company today and start your home barista journey the right way!
Rancilio Silvia espresso machine features
- Chrome-plated 58mm brass brewing group
- Commercial grade steel steam wand
- Stainless steel body
- Rotary pump that goes up to 15 BAR
- ~2L removable water reservoir for easy filling
- ~0.35L brass boiler
- Three built in thermostats to maintain temperature
- Includes portafilter with double & single baskets
- Comes with measuring scoop
- Removable drip tray
- Cup warmer
- Removable/replaceable heating element
- Easy operation - just plug in & brew
Rancilio Silvia specifications
- Dimensions: 23.5cm W x 29cm D x 34cm H
- Cup clearance height (drip tray to portafilter): ~9cm
- Drip try to group head height: ~13.5cm
- Weight: 14kg
- Voltage: 230V
- Power: 950-1,100W
- Warmup time: ~3m30s
- Uses Type G EU power adapter